Barilla is an Italian family-owned food company. Established in 1877, it s now an international Group present in more than 100 countries.
A world leader in the markets of pasta and ready to use sauces in continental Europe, bakery products in Italy and crispbread in Scandinavia, the Barilla Group is recognized worldwide as a symbol of Italian know how.Good for You, Good for the Planet
is Barilla s purpose and the only way each person in the Group works and of which is an ambassador. It means caring for the wellbeing of people and the planet in everything Barilla does, from the field to consumption; it also means promoting open and transparent working relationships in the communities Barilla is part of.Introduction Organizational Details:
Barilla America, Inc. wants to recruit a Market Control Specialist
within Finance at Northbrook, IL.
The individual will report to the Manager, Americas Market Controlling.Job Purpose:
Assist the Manager of Market Controlling (Financial Planning and Analysis) with supporting monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing reconciliation, balance sheet accounts, perform trend and financial analysis, and data model development for the North America Market Unit (U.S. and Canada).Key Accountabilities
- Assess on-going monthly accruals, including trade promotions, other trade funds, consumer coupons, and marketing investments, utilizing various tools and methodologies (for example, variance analysis, trend rate analysis, actual true-ups tracking)
- Perform account reconciliation to ensure activities are captured correctly and timely
- Resolve problems and discrepancies on a monthly basis (including true-ups)
- Drive improvements in accrual processes and results
- Perform Channel, Customer, and Product Mix analysis
- Enable improvements in Customer Profitability Reporting and Analysis
- Provide support for identifying and executing improvements in Revenue Growth Model
- Interface with external auditors on recommendations
- Bachelor s Degree (Concentration in Finance or Accounting preferred).
- 1-3 years in financial analysis and reporting.
- CPG experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of general accounting and reporting skills.
- Computer skills in MS office (Excel-Advanced, Access-Advanced); ERP system (SAP, BPC, and BI preferred)
- Demonstrated results in data accuracy and issue resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to translate best practices into internal process improvements
- Must be able to demonstrate flexibility in achieving desired results based on fluctuation during peak business demands.
Barilla is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Barilla to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. Other classifications include, but are not limited to, family status, health status, multicultural differences, political ideas, and sexual orientation.
Associated topics: analyse, analysis, business analytic, consult, forecasting, inspect, investment analytics, legal, strategy, valuation analyst