The successful applicant will be responsible for providing technical leadership on customer engagements and developing/evolving best practices for delivery for Enterprise Software Solutions throughout for BMC customers, specifically Bladelogic, Atrium Orchestrator and CLM.
Primary responsibilities for role:
- Responsible for providing technical leadership to project teams at client sites to deliver required outcomes and produce additional business with BMC clients.
- Mentor and develop junior positions.
- Understand the business of IT operations, Business Service Management and foundational level of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL). Apply these skills and knowledge to improve the operational effectiveness of efficiency of the IT environment.
- Implement, customize, and configure BMC products as part of a defined BMC Best Practices.
- Integrate BMC products to each other and third-party applications.
- Lead and drive the changes necessary to be ready for adoption of the new solutions delivered by the project.
- Identify client needs and communicate the value of BMC s solutions and the cost effectiveness of BMC solutions.
- Collate and govern the process and functional requirements proposed by the recipients of the solution the project is delivering.
- Assist in building, evaluating, and arbitration relating to business cases for customization / non out of the box functionality.
- Plan and oversee the adoption of changes for customers (external / internal business units) in line with the solution implementation plan.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Accountable to client for providing technical leadership on project teams to deliver specific outcomes as per client s needs.
- Ability to transfer knowledge of the BMC approach to Business Service Management.
- Communicate BMC s Business Service Management approach.
- Accountable for achieving billable targets.
- Demonstrates the Anytime-Anywhere mentality.
- Seeks out follow-on opportunities and leverages the proper peers to close the business.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with clients.
- Meet/exceed quarterly MBO s assigned by manager.
- Certified on multiple product families. Should maintain ongoing product knowledge.
- Certified in IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Certified on BMC solutions would be an advantage but not a deal breaker.
- Familiar with other IT Service Management technologies.
- Working knowledge of IT operations and management.
- Ability to take direction and work independently in achieving stated objectives.
- Identifies and implements ways to improve delivery efficiency (profitability).
- Mentors specialists on consulting and solutions.
- Practices and enforces best practices, methodologies for delivering specific solutions.
Position Requirements / Qualifications:
- A summary of the most important qualifications for the position:
- At least 5 years experience in systems design and development experience in an enterprise computing environment.
- B.S. degree or equivalent experience in computer science, MIS or related field, Masters Degree preferred.
- Write and/or contribute to customer proposals and project plans.
- Foundations Certified in IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Broad understanding of Service Management best practices.
- Experience implementing RDBMS-based enterprise computing solutions.
- Strong technical knowledge of at least one major operating systems environment.
- Strong customer interaction skills.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel 50-75%.
- Databases: (Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres), SQL
- System: Windows, Linux/Unix administration
- Scripting: Perl, shell Script, VBScript, XML, Json, Web Services, Apache Web Server & Tomcat, css
- Security: Certificates, SSL
- Protocols: FTP, SFTP
- Basic network knowledge (TCP/IP, Firewall, Load Balancer)
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.
Associated topics: business advisory, business analysis, business analyst, business intelligence, business systems analyst, crm, customer, market, senior consultant, support analyst