JOB SUMMARY: In accordance with our mission and core values, the registered nurse will perform care requiring specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills based on the application of the nursing process. The RN uses assessment skills to ensure multidisciplinary patient care and teamwork to meet established practice guidelines, unit specific policies, and regulatory standards.
1. ASSESSMENT Performs complete patient assessment. Recognizes significant changes in patient status and seeks appropriate resources. Coordinates or collects physiologic monitoring data: vital signs, monitor results, lab and diagnostic test results. Performs ongoing assessment according to unit policy. Documents assessment in compliance with hospital policy.
2. MAINTAINING PLAN OF CARE Initiates the Patient Goal/Problem List or Clinical Path on admission. Develops Plan of Care to support the patient goals and the medical plan of care. Evaluates and documents the patient s response to the plan of care and makes changes as appropriate. Collaborates with multidisciplinary team to coordinate and plan provision of patient care.
3. MAINTAINING PATIENT TREATMENTS Obtains and/or verifies all physician orders for procedures, medications, and therapies. Assures the presence of consent and its documentation for procedures, therapies, and research protocols. Assures the presence of appropriate supplies to perform the ordered procedure or therapy. Performs or assists in procedures and therapies according to policy and procedures. Assesses the patient s needs for medication prior to administration. Assesses patient allergies and medication incompatibilities. Verifies, administers and documents medication according to hospital policy. Evaluates and documents patient s response to procedures, therapies and medications. Monitors the patient care record for accuracy and completeness of data provided by care team members. Coordinates and documents communication between patient, significant others and multidisciplinary team members in order to support the plan of care. Ensures effective and wise use of resources, monitoring for cost containment. Facilitates appropriate length of hospital stay.
4. TEACHING Assesses the patient s and significant other s knowledge base, ability and readiness to learn based on their developmental age. Identifies and utilizes multidisciplinary team members to provide comprehensive education for patients, self and others. Incorporates teaching principles and methods appropriate to knowledge base, ability and readiness to learn and based on developmental age. Demonstrates knowledge in area of teaching and available resources for patient and staff education. Documents patient education in the patient care record. Evaluates the teaching process. Documents staff education per policy.
5. LEADERSHIP Participates in peer review. Provides learning opportunities and contributes to the orientation of team members, PRN personnel and students. Identifies and implements educational opportunities for the staff. Serves as a preceptor and role model for new employees and students. Utilizes conflict resolution to promote a cohesive team. Delegates assignments based on changes in census, staffing, patient, and unit needs. Enforces hospital/department specific policies. Maintains current knowledge of clinical and operational hospital policies and practice updates. Engages in a therapeutic relationship with patients and develops healthy interpersonal relationships among colleagues. Identifies the most important needs to be met each shift within the context of available resources. Demonstrates accountability for their individual nursing practice. Utilizes the mechanisms of the Professional Nursing Shared Governance (PNSG) organization to address nursing matters. Demonstrates responsibility for being informed about the actions/activities of the PNSG. Participates in activities of the PNSG organization.
6. UNIT-SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES Provides care to patient population utilizing research findings and evidence based practice. Unit required certifications must be obtained within six months of hire. For any unit requiring CPI, it must be obtained within three months of hire. Meets all unit-specific yearly skill requirements within acceptable timeframe.
Position Type: Regular Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 48 Primary Location: AR > HOT SPRINGS > CHI HOSPITAL HOT SPRINGS
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
Experience: Graduate of accredited school of nursing with active state license.
License/Certification: Active, unencumbered Registered Nurse license BCLS required ACLS required on telemetry units within 12 months of hire
Physical Requirements: The physical activities involve balancing, climbing, crawling, crouching, grasping, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, reaching, standing, stooping, and use of fingers and repetitive movements. An individual in this position may be required to carry or lift weight of up to 50 lbs. and push/pull 100-150 lbs. The sensory and communicative activities required for this position include feeling, hearing, seeing, smelling, and speaking. Individuals in this position could possibly be exposed to inside/outside environmental conditions, blood borne pathogens and body fluids, chemical hazards, respiratory hazards and radiological hazards.
Skills: Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider certification. The RN must possess demonstrated knowledge, training and skills necessary and appropriate to the neonate, child, adolescent, adult and older adult. They must demonstrate communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal effectively with multidisciplinary team members, patients, significant others, and physicians. Must possess effective decision making, assessment and critical thinking skills. Team leaders and charge nurses must be able to set priorities and effectively delegate/coordinate multidisciplinary care based on the needs of the patient, census, staffing and unit needs.
PRIMARY CUSTOMERS: Patients, families, physicians, and co-workers
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Nurse Manager, Supervisor, Service Line Administrator, and Physicians
Incumbent has access to restricted or confidential patient or other highly sensitive business information and must comply with the terms of SVHS/CHI Policies as they apply to their job role. Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That s what you ll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we ll create healthier, stronger communities. Imagine your career at Catholic Health Initiatives!
Job Responsibilities As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for delivering the highest quality patient care according to the specific orders of each patient s individual physician. This will involve, utilizing your knowledge and skills to educate patients and their families on prevention and healthy habits.
Additional responsibilities for this health care role include:
Monitoring patients conditions and assessing their needs
Collaborating with physicians and nurses to devise individualized care plans for patients
Administering patients medications and providing treatments according to physicians orders
Fostering a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families
Job Requirements We are looking for a responsible and compassionate Registered Nurse with top-notch clinical skills, a caring attitude, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. It is also important to display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively educate patients and their families on the in-home healthcare process.
Additional requirements for this role include:
Current Registered Nurse (RN) license that allows you to practice in our state