Sodexo is hiring full-time Room Service Operator at St. Anthony Summit Medical Center to work 6:30 am - 3:00 pm, and 12:00 pm - 8:30 pm shifts including weekends and some holidays!
TheRoom Service Operator assists the department in the clerical aspects ofpreparation for patient meal service through accurate menu processing andassisting patients with menu selection. The general responsibilities of theposition include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify otherresponsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ amongaccounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Prepares and delivers foodtrays to health care patients.
- Reads production orders oncolor-coded menu cards on trays to determine items to place on tray, andplaces items, such as eating utensils, napkins and condiments on trays.
- Prepares food items, such assandwiches, salads, soups and beverages.
- Operates a blender to makefoods for soft or liquid diets.
- Apportions and places foodservings on plates and trays according to diet list on menu card.
- Examines filled tray forcompleteness and places it on cart, dumbwaiter or conveyor belt.
- Serves trays to patients andcollects and stacks dirty dishes.
- Washes dishes and cleans workarea, tables, cabinets and ovens.
- Collects and places garbage andtrash in designated containers.
- Records the amount and type ofspecial food items served to patients.
- May assemble and serve fooditems to health care staff in the cafeteria.
- Attends all allergy andfoodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCPpolicies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents andinjuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all companysafety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safetymeetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs(classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties andresponsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED, orequivalent experience.
- 0 to 1 year work experience.
- Presents self in a highlyprofessional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics areessential.
- Ability to maintain a positiveattitude.
- Ability to communicate withco-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professionalrelationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors,managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Basic food-handling skills.
- May require a valid driver slicense.
- Food Safety certification orlicense as required by state law.
- Willingness to be open tolearning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment andbehavior.
- Maintains high standards forwork areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexibleschedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress coderequirements.
- Must be able to work nights,weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up forscheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Close vision, distance vision,peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, withor without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or othermeans of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standingposition for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop,push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionallylift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific todefined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting;however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to includeevenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties ofthis job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperateenvironment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support ofoutside activities.
- The noise level in the workenvironment is usually moderate to loud.
Associated topics: assistant restaurant manager, director, general operations manager, management, manager, night manager, partner, restaurant general manager, restaurant leader, restaurant operations