The Mechanic/Technician A is responsible for performing maintenance activities as required to support all plant operations and assist the maintenance supervisor and/or lead (when and where applicable) in supporting the overall maintenance effort and team.
***NOTE: This position is 3rd shift with shift differential pay***
Schedule starts on Monday night to Friday. Hours are from 10PM 6:30AM.
This role requires for the associate to adhere to: all EHS policies and procedures in order to keep themselves and others safe; all Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) that are in effect in order to assure a consistent quality and quantity of product produced.
- Demonstrate Safety First/Safety Always attitude and work habits in all aspects of job performance and perform job duties to the highest quality standards possible
- Execute daily assignments to include but not limited to coordinating, supporting and performing all required plant reactive, preventative, proactive, project and setup support maintenance activities
- Assess, troubleshoot and repair manufacturing/packaging/facilities issues (to include researching technical data, procuring parts, performing hand-on repairs and assisting in the coordination of contractor support as needed) in a timely fashion and with minimal supervision
- Utilize the site's Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to properly document maintenance actions and assist in training fellow mechanics/technicians on the proper use of the system, to include assisting in the analysis of maintenance issues/trends to make improvement recommendations
- Assist in training, coaching and mentoring fellow mechanics/technicians on proper maintenance practices to include but not limited to safe work practices, equipment theory of operation, proper troubleshooting techniques and best-practice repair procedures, etc.
- Demonstrate personal responsibility for following all safety rules, SOPs, cGMP guidelines and sets the example for proper housekeeping as well as tool and material control and assists in enforcing the same expectations amongst their peers on the maintenance team
- Personally demonstrate and avidly encourage a continuous improvement culture within the maintenance team by actively participating in continuous improvement processes and projects and by completing assigned projects on time and with high-quality results
- Communicate effectively with associates at all levels (within and between departments) verbally and in writing and assist in coordinating maintenance resources (manpower and material) to best support the production effort
- Comply with company policies and procedures, maintain regular work attendance and support short-notice overtime requirements when needed
- Assist maintenance supervisor and lead in allocating maintenance associate and equipment resources required to safely and efficiently support production and maintenance department goals and expectations and assists in leading the maintenance department/effort in the absence of the maintenance supervisor and/or lead
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required (*Associate's Degree, Trade School Certificate and/or Military Technical Training preferred)
- Demonstrated strong electrical skills and ability to effectively utilize electrical test equipment such as multi-meters, meggers or other specialized test equipment (as required) and be able to confidently read and interpret electrical prints and schematics (*PLC programming experience is a plus
- Must be mechanically inclined and possess the ability to use all standard tools of the trade; to include but not limited to basic hand and machine tools, various test equipment (as required) and be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and prints, as well as demonstrate the ability to safely and effectively operate basic shop machinery such as hyd. presses, grinders, lathes, mills and drill presses.
- Must have 5 or more years' experience working in and around electro-mechanical equipment, in a manufacturing environment, preferably under cGMP regulations
- High level of organizational skills, good written and oral communication skills and ability to meet project deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, as well as multi-task and provide follow-up when responses are needed
- Must demonstrate effective leadership skills (Experience in a leadership role preferred)
- This role requires the use of personal protection equipment (PPE) and working around equipment and machinery.
- Visual acuity to inspect equipment and read labels and documentation
- Physical ability to stand for most of the day (5-8 hours a day) and to regularly work on raised surfaces and climb stairs or ladders.
- Physical capability to repetitively lift and carry 25lbs for up to a height of 4 feet and for a distance of 4 feet for 1-2 hours a day. Frequently from 26 50lbs for the same height and distance for 1-2 hours a day. For proper lifting and carrying, squatting is frequently required.
- The role may require pushing and pulling a fully loaded pallet jack or lift (~500lbs) for extended distances.
- Physical ability to repetitively bend and twist at the waist and neck and to reach above and below shoulder level to reach for product, components or equipment panels.
- Frequent and repetitive use of both hands is required for simple grasping, power grasping, fine manipulation.
- Must be able to work around known allergens (e.g. milk, soy, Fish oils and or other products derived from fish).